Friday, May 8, 2009

Priorities - there's theory, and then there's practice.

I spent all day in a planning meeting with my manager and the rest of my peers, working through and prioritizing the work we're planning for this year.  Our team is made up of about a dozen people, all of them vocal, all of them drivers.  It can make for active and engaged meetings, but they're exhausting too.  Especially when they're six hours long.

It also meant that I had to miss my Yoga class.  I am trying hard to make my exercise top priority, but sometimes it needs to take a back seat.  These meetings are rare, and strategically important.  Had to make the tradeoff today.

"In theory, theory and practice are the same.  In practice, they're not." - Lawrence Peter Berra

Food log:

Breakfast: an apple and a banana, dressed with yogurt and a little granola.

Snack: strawberries, pineapple and melon.  Three dark chocolate-covered strawberries.

Lunch: Grilled zucchini, peppers, carrots and onions.  Quino with peppers and tomatos.  greek salad with kalamata olives, feta and onions.  A little roasted red pepper hummus, but it was SO salty I just couldn't eat it.  Too bad...looked good when I put it on my plate.

Dinner: breakfast for dinner...the kids love this.  I made pancakes and bacon for them.  For myself, I put some leftover sauteed vegetables into an omelet with a little cheddar cheese.  And two slices of that bacon.  Yummy!  I made enough omelet to have the rest for breakfast tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment