Monday, May 4, 2009

On dancing the Hokey Pokey beside a free spirit

Tonight was Daddy's night at my son's "mommy and me" preschool.  I spent the evening with my son, and got a good taste of what his preschool experience is like.  It was wonderful to dance along side him to the "Hokey Pokey," circle the room with him during "Here We Go Round The Mulberry Bush," and follow him through all the movements to the manifold verses of "Down By the Sea."  We had a great time together.

Today was also the first day of my company's annual internal product development conference.  It's a chance for teams to come together to share what they've learned about innovation, rapid development, best practices, etc.  While I'm not attending in person this year, we're doing a great job allowing for "remote presence" by setting up conference rooms with live video feeds, real time blogging from the event, etc.  I saw a couple of fantastic speakers today.  It really got my creative juices flowing, and sparked some ideas on motivating and empowering my teams.  Looking forward to tomorrow already.

The lunches for tomorrow are packed, the evening is winding up, I've got yoga in the morning and day two of the conference all day tomorrow.  It's going to be a good day.

Food log:

Breakfast: 1c granola, 1/2c 1% milk, strawberries

Lunch: 1/2 ham and havarti sandwich with mayo and mustard, apple, leftover sauteed zucchini, carrots, shiitake mushrooms and spring onions.

Dinner: pot luck at my Son's preschool class.  Lots of good choices.  I had a little pasta and crab salad, some green salad, a little penne with meat sauce, a few tortilla chips with a dip made from tuna and avocados, and a little chocolate chip cookie.

Snacks: 2 squares Belgian dark chocolate

No comments:

Post a Comment