Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Today I:

Drove to work in silence. I don't miss the choice between fear-making news on the economy (NPR) and endless spiteful talk DJs (everyone else) on the radio at all.

Had a long, fast walk through a local college campus, in between blood draws while being tested for diabetes.

Found a secluded and beautiful little memorial garden there, one I'd never seen before, and sat in silence for a few minutes.

Listened to soothing music on my iPod all morning.

Finished the book "Eating Well for Optimum Health" by Andrew Weil. Loved it. Common sense guidance on how the body works, what it does with what you put into it, and what you ought to eat (and not) to be healthy. Very approachable.

Had a chair massage.  So nice...my shoulders and upper back feel great.

Talked to my friend (a personal trainer), sanity checking the exercise regimen I've decided on.  Thanks, always, for your support and guidance.

Started this blog.

Today I ate:

For breakfast: an apple from the local farmer's market, and a slice of whole grain bread.

For lunch: some tuna and white bean salad, and two small organic carrots with a pile of home made hummus. Yum!

For snacks: one little square of Belgian dark chocolate, an apple, and a half dozen walnut halves.

For dinner: the insides of a HealthMex Mahi Mahi burrito.  OK, I ate a little of the tortilla.  Had to have something to hold my favorite chipotle salsa, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment