Monday, June 1, 2009

Stress = Craving

Thor and Loki are slowly getting used to their new home. They spent the day huddled in the bathroom, with occasional forays out into the hallway and adjoining rooms. They seem to have lost their fear of me, but are still skittish around the kids, especially our young son. The boy is just much louder and more active than they're used to.

- + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -

Today was another trying day at work. I'm noticing that my food cravings are MUCH more present and are harder to ignore when I'm very stressed out. It's a challenge, but I did well resisting the temptations presented by the snack machine and my neighbor's ever-present candy jar today. And tomorrow is another day.

Just a short entry tonight. I need to get to bed. Sleep is essential to managing stress, and I have my Anusara yoga class in the morning. Can't wait!

Food log:

Breakfast: granola, 1% milk and bananas

Lunch: leftover collards with bacon and onions, the last of my latest batch of roasted red pepper hummus with carrot sticks, a few small slices of cheese.

Dinner: chicken fingers, roasted potato wedges, and a small bowl of asparagus soup

Snacks: an apple, and a scoop of Mint Moose Tracks ice cream for desert tonight

No comments:

Post a Comment