Monday, June 28, 2010

Some progress, some problems

I went for a nice long walk this morning, for the first time in ages. I love getting exercise. I wish it were easier, when the stress rises and the pressures increase, to remember that. But this morning was good.

I'm cutting back on caffeine slowly. Soon I'll get off it completely again, but I can't afford the grouchy moods and headaches that come with a cold turkey approach this time around. Too many priorities to manage right now.

And no, I haven't figured out what the guiding priorities of my life all are yet. Working on it. These are the priorities of the moment. Family. Work. Exercise. Sleep. Repeat.

Sleep is the one being squeezed out again. It's 11pm, and I just sent the last work email of the night. Not the last I could have sent, or "should" have sent, but the last I have the energy to send.

So, this isn't nirvana. I'm not a changed man overnight. I didn't plan to be. But I'm making progress, and paying attention, and that's a step.

No comments:

Post a Comment